Lego have announced the upcoming release of the Winter Holiday Train (10254), a 734 piece set which will be available to VIPs on September 15th and everyone else on October 1st. It will retail for £69.99 in the UK and $99.99 in the USA. This is going to be a huge hit with Lego fans this Christmas.
Not only does it look like the perfect holiday gift, but it also looks like a nice addition to the Lego train series. Being able to hook it up with power functions is great, and I’m intrigued by the idea that it comes with dual building instructions so that you can build it along with someone else. Combined with the 5 minifigures and the circle of track, there doesn’t seem much wrong with what’s on offer here.
From the press release…
- Includes 5 minifigures: a locomotive driver, ticket collector, grandmother, boy and a girl.
- The Winter Holiday Train includes 16 curved pieces of track, engine, coal tender, flatbed wagon with holiday tree, toys and gifts, caboose, boarding platform, bench and a lamppost.
- Decorate the tree and drive the train to see the tree rotate.
- Join the ticket collector in the cozy caboose for a delicious cup of cocoa.
- Includes dual building instructions for a perfect family build.
- Accessory elements include green wreathes, decorative lights and white tree pieces, plus wrapped gift elements and tiny brick-built toys, including a micro train, wind-up car, fire truck, remote controlled robot, sailboat and a spaceship.
- Upgrade with LEGO Power Functions (not included) for a motorized engine.
- Special elements include small and large red train wheels, dark tan windows, train buffers, cow catcher, white tree elements and roller skates.
- This set includes over 700 LEGO pieces, including 16 curved tracks.
- The Holiday Train in total measures over 4” (12cm) high, 20” (52cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide.
- Curved rail track diameter measures over 27” (70cm).
As tends to be the case, the designer video is already available…
We’ll do our best to give this one a review when it’s available.