In a surprise reveal, Lego has announced another flagship Star Wars set – Betrayal at Cloud City (75222). This is a 2,812 piece set which will be available on October 1st (or September 13th for VIPs). Coming in at £299 / $349 / €349.99, this is a large, expensive set with a huge number of minifigures (18 to be exact) which is definitely designed for play, rather than display.
Not really my cup of tea to be honest, and we’ve already had a much better Slave 1, and even the Carbon Freezing Chamber (looks like the same piece being used too) has been done recently. But if you like your Star Wars, or have a kid who loves Star Wars, this is probably going to be high on your Christmas list.
Here’s the full press release…
Visit Bespin’s amazing metropolis in the sky—Cloud City!
Relive a world of unforgettable moments from Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back or add your own fun twists to the story with this LEGO Star Wars 75222 Betrayal at Cloud City set. The amazingly detailed set is divided into 4 sections, each depicting scenes from the classic movie.
There’s a landing platform complete with Boba Fett’s Slave I ship, a detailed promenade, a dining room with seating for 5 minifigures, a garbage processing room with incinerator, and a sensor balcony for epic Luke vs. Vader Lightsaber duels.
There’s also a carbon freeze chamber with a function to ‘freeze’ Han in carbonite, an interrogation chamber and prison cell, a secondary landing platform for the Twin-Pod Cloud Car, and so much more.
Add an astonishing 18 LEGO minifigures plus 2 droids to the mix, and you have a set that Star Wars and LEGO fans of any age would be proud to add to their collection.
- Includes 18 minifigures: Han Solo, Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker in Bespin outfits, Chewbacca, C-3PO, Lando Calrissian, Lobot, 2 Cloud City Guards, 2 Cloud Car Pilots, Leia and Han in Hoth outfits, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, 2 Stormtroopers and an Ugnaught, plus R2-D2 and an IG-88 droid.
- Section 1 features a landing platform with a sliding entrance door and Boba Fett’s Slave I ship with an opening minifigure cockpit, movable wings and space underneath to store the Han in carbonite element.
- Section 2 features a dining room with a table, seats for 5 minifigures and a decorative Cloud City micro build; lounge with a transparent sculpture and 2 chairs; garbage processing room with an incinerator, conveyor belt and a deactivated IG-class droid; and a promenade with tree sculpture, mural relief and opening doorways leading to other parts of the model.
- Section 3 features a sensor balcony with railing and swing-out function, plus a maintenance cabin with opening round window for epic Lightsaber duels, plus a carbon freeze chamber with lever-activated ‘freeze’ function.
- Section 4 features a dark-red corridor leading to the interrogation chamber with a turning interrogation chair, plus a prison cell, hangar with a secret trapdoor and tool & weapon rack, and space for the Twin-Pod Cloud Car with opening minifigure cockpits and 2 stud shooters.
- New minifigure details include Leia’s red dress, Han’s Corellian blood stripe, Luke’s dark-tan Dagobah outfit, the Ugnaught’s head decoration and the cloud car pilots.
- Weapons include Han’s blaster pistol, Chewbacca’s bowcaster, Luke’s Lightsaber, Vader’s Lightsaber, Boba Fett’s blaster rifle, IG-88’s blaster rifle, 5 blaster pistols and 4 blasters.
- Accessory elements include a wrench, handcuffs and Lobot’s cybernetic band.
- Stage air-to-air battles between Boba Fett’s Slave I and the Twin-Pod Cloud Car.
- Pull the carbon freeze chamber lever to pretend freeze Han in carbonite!
- Relive unforgettable scenes from the classic Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back movie.
- This amazing set is part of the LEGO Star Wars Master Builder Series.
- Cloud City measures over 6” (16cm) high, 22” (58cm) wide and 22” (56cm) deep.
- Slave I measures over 4” (11cm) high, 7” (19cm) long and 7” (18cm) wide.