Announced today! It’s set 10257 – Lego Creator Carousel. This little beauty is available June 1st, and weighs in at 2,670 pieces. It will be available as a Lego store exclusive for a very respectable £159.99 in the UK and $199.99 in the USA. This will act as a great companion to the existing Ferris Wheel and is a nice replacement for the now retired, super expensive Carousel from 2009.
This does look like a fantastic looking set, and with the ability to upgrade it for motorised function as well, you’ll be well on your way to creating your own full theme park (with the Disney Castle in the middle of course).
Here are the bullet points from the Lego press release…
- Includes 7 minifigures: a ride operator, mom, dad, boy, girl, grandmother and a granddaughter.
- The Carousel features a large textile canopy, ornate, reflective rounding boards with blue and gold detailing, reflective center panels, two-level deck comprising a raised boarding platform with handrail and a main platform with five buildable animal rides, including a white swan and four moving animals: an elephant, tiger, flamingo and a frog.
- Also features a sturdy, buildable base for easy transportation.
- Buy your ticket at the booth, take the stairs to the boarding platform and choose your favorite animal ride.
- Turn the crank and see the elephant, tiger, flamingo and frog move up and down as the carousel rotates.
- Enjoy an ice cream, candy or a delicious hot dog as you watch the whirling carousel.
Accessory elements include a camera, ice cream, candy and a hot dog in a bun.
- New decorated elements include printed tickets and printed storybook tiles.
- Includes lots of molded golden elements, reflective golden labels and medium-blue/dark-blue elements.
- Motorize the Carousel with the LEGO® Power Functions 8883 medium motor and 88000 AAA battery box (not included).
- Collect and build an entire fairground with the LEGO Creator Expert 10247 Ferris Wheel.
Measures over 12” (32cm) high, 14” (38cm) wide and 13” (35cm) deep.
As is always the case with Lego reveals these days, there’s a designer video showing the whole thing off…